Typical repairs are the type that can be completed within an hour. General household remodeling or painting are not within our scope. If we are not able to provide service to an individual, we will do our best to refer them to a local tradesman.
The client must be the homeowner and occupant, with the exception of rental property needing the installation of safety aids such as grab bars, ramps and smoke detectors or furniture adjustment. Installation in a rental property requires written authorization from the owner/agent.
Our volunteers work on Friday mornings between 9 AM and noon. Each team of at least two volunteers typically visits two or three clients during that time. Some jobs, such as installing ramps, may take the whole morning.
Types of repairs we do may include but are not limited to:
- Interior home maintenance including replacement of lights, light fixtures, smoke alarms and smoke alarm batteries.
- Construction projects such as the installation of bathroom grab bars and wheel chair ramps.
- Home repairs that would include screen repair, fixing dripping faucets, installing replacement faucets, caulking, etc.
- Minor fence repair including limited replacement of rotted wood and straightening of posts.
- Minor computer repair or minor assistance with computer operation.
Repairs NOT provided are roof repairs, foundation, structural work, major home refurbishment and all work that may require a license to perform such repairs.